Ascent of the Virulent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan based Role Play group who gather to role play their dragon characters based in the world of Flight Rising. Not directly affiliated with FlightRising.com in any way.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wolf Moon (private rp)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet
Name: Unforgiven

Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:43 am

As Fredrick nearly pulled Melody through the foyer headed for her room, the front door burst open. Valshar stood in the door way, in human form but his eyes were still a fiery gold. He stepped through the door and closed it behind himself.

“I do apologize for being late. It seems no one was available to answer the door.” His molten gaze locked on Fredrick and even in human form he exuded the powerful, commanding air of an alpha male.

Fredrick sneered at him, “I believe you may be mistaken. It’s more likely you weren’t invited.”

Valshar laughed, “Oh, I am sorry. Did no one tell you I have a permanent invitation from Lady Melody.”

He took a step forward, and Fredrick tightened his grip on Melody and his sneer turned into a silent snarl.

“I think you’re forgetting the laws of possession. I have her. You don’t.”

Valshar’s eyes narrowed and he said something to Fredrick in a language Melody couldn’t understand. Fredrick’s grip loosened and he stammered.

“You… you can’t be serious."

“I am. Now run along like a good jackal and relay my message.”

Fredrick paled visibly and he let go of Melody and hurried out the door. Valshar walked over and took Melody into a tight hug before letting go and stepping back to a more proper distance.

“Are you alright?”

Melody nodded, still shaken and unsure of what had just happened. “I think so. What about…” she worried what her brother might think of the stranger barging into the house.

A light laugh came from the dining room as Sani appeared around the corner. “Your brother and the other guests and servants are sleeping peacefully. They’ll wake up in a few minutes and you can simply make excuses for the fellow who needed to leave in such a hurry.”

Melody breathed a sigh of relief though Sani’s presence only added to the general feeling of confusion. She looked over at Valshar. “What did you say to him?”

He glanced at Sani, then back to her. “I am putting an end to this.” He saw the flash of fear in her eyes and shook his head, “The only way that I know of to end this hopefully without me getting killed.”

Sani leaned against the door frame. “I hope your plan works. Do you really think he’ll accept the challenge?"

“Tyroth has to, or he faces disgrace in front of the pack for refusing, either way he’d no longer be alpha.”
Back to top Go down
https://aovrpg.rpg-board.net
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:35 am

Melody let the words sink in as Valshar mentioned to Sani how sure he was that the plan was flawless. She almost became lost in thought when she heard her name mentioned again.

"I don't think the rest of the pack would be foolish enough to turn traitor themselves and come here for Melody's life." Sani mentioned with a thoughtful look on her face as Valshar's eyes flashed gold for a moment. Melody couldn't help but cringe every time his eyes did such a thing.

She was ready to ask when Valshar would be leaving when a disgruntled Mathias pushed his way out of the dining hall. He gazed at Sani, recognizing her instantly and straightened himself. "L-Lady Sani." He said while adjusting his glasses. "I wasn't expecting your company this evening...."

He trailed off, noticing Valshar. "And you are?"

"Brother, this is Valshar. I met him at one of the parties." Melody told him. "He had come to deliver an important message to Frederick and he left rather quickly. Valshar, this is my brother and owner of our ranch, Mathias."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 3:24 am

Sani smiled, “I am sorry to drop by unexpected, Mathias, my dear. I just had to get out of the house; Alexander was driving me completely mad.” She hooked his arm with her hand and turned him back toward the dining room. “I happen to remember you had some matter of business you wanted to discuss with me, and I do apologize it’s taken me so long to get back to you on that. Shall we discuss it over a drink?”

Valshar chuckled as he and Melody were promptly forgotten as Sani captivated Mathias’ undivided attention. He stepped over closer to Melody and took her hand in his.

“I owe you an apology, Melody. I hope you can forgive a foolish and stubborn old wolf.” His eyes returned to their normal warm amber and he gave her a lopsided grin. “I am grateful to you for being willing to put up with me. I’m also very glad you weren’t harmed tonight.”

She smiled, putting her other hand over his. “Do you really think your plan will work?”

“I’m pretty sure it will, I hate to do it this way, but I’m tired of being hunted, and I’m tired of those I care about being in danger because of me. We probably won’t hear a response until tomorrow night though. So until then, perhaps you can make your excuses and go back to Sani’s manor with her when she leaves.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 3:42 am

"Instead, why don't you and Sani stay as guests tonight?" Melody asked with a smile and she found herself moving in to give Valshar another tight hug. She hadn't felt this safe before in her life. "It would be safer than traveling this late at night. That and...if Frederick comes back for whatever reason I want you to be here. Who knows what would have happened if you hadn't shown up when you did."

Valshar said nothing and tightened the hug, his actions speaking more than words could. Melody couldn't even bare to think of what would have happened, and nothing she said would have been enough to thank Valshar for saving her from Frederick. She was surprised that she hadn't broken down in tears yet from recent events.

"At least stay for the night, and we can leave in the morning."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:16 am

Valshar smiled as she hugged him and he put his arms around her to return the gesture. “From the sounds of it, Sani may be awhile working things out with your brother, so it may be a good idea. If you wish, I’ll stay the night.”

Her scent surrounded him as he held her, and for a moment he forgot where they were, and it didn’t matter. He leaned closer and gently nuzzled her neck. He felt her breath catch and looked up at her.

Remembering his manners, he tilted his head at her and grinned. “My apologies, m’Lady.

He let go of her and straightened up. It had been a happy distraction for him from the inevitable conflict that would come once the challenge was accepted.

He knew Tyroth would use everything he could to his advantage, and as the reigning alpha, he had to accept the challenge, but he had the right of choosing where the challenge was met. It was a risky gamble, but one Valshar was willing to take. It was his only chance of putting an end to being hunted, without getting killed. He was confident that he could win the fight; as long as the rest of the pack and council honored his victory then things would be settled.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:49 am

"Oh you...you were fine." Melody replied feebly, swallowing a bit as she turned to hide the mad blush that could now be seen on her cheeks. "I just...uhm...."

She blushed even harder when she could hear Valshar chuckle behind her. "Would you like something to eat?" She stuttered, dragging him by his hand towards the dining hall. "I haven't finished my meal and I'd like to do so before I turn in for the evening."

Ester made a disgruntled noise when she saw Melody stride into the dining hall with Valshar in tow and gave him a stare. "Melody. It's rude for a woman to drag a man places in such a way." She said sharply, and Melody quickly let go of his hand.

"Oh, Forgive me, Ester. I just...uhm...I meant no harm really." She managed to get out. "I just returned to finish my meal and then I would be showing him to one of the guest rooms."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:06 am

Valshar nodded, “I wouldn’t mind a bit to eat, thank you.”

When Ester confronted Melody, Valshar caught the woman’s gaze with a stern glare that clearly told her to go away and leave them alone. He nearly smirked at the woman’s gasp and she turned and hurried from the room.

He settled down in a chair at the table next to Melody, and enjoyed the meal while keeping his senses on alert for any sign of trouble. Afterwards, he let her show him up to the guest room.

Valshar paced his room restlessly for awhile, slowly he heard the rest of the guests take their leave and the house finally got quiet. He waited until it sounded like everyone was asleep and then slipped out of his room. Easily following Melody’s scent he found her room and slipped inside.
Shifting to wolf form he jumped into the bed beside her, she stirred slightly at the motion of the bed as he lay down.

“Shhh, don’t fret. I’m right here. You’re safe.” He said softly and curled himself close to her.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:54 pm

"Valshar?" Melody whispered half asleep before smiling. "I didn't know you were the type of gentleman to make late-night visits." She told him while wrapping her arms around him, only to giggle when she realized he was in his wolf form.

"I'm not, but I couldn't sleep and needed to speak to you..." He replied, moving slightly and allowing her to rest herself against him. "About tomorrow. I need you to swear that if anything were to happen to me you will stay with Sani."

"There is no point to swearing to such a thing, Valshar." She replied, idly running her hands through the thick mat of fur on his hide. She loved how soft it felt. "You may not come out unscathed but I have faith that you will succeed."

"Promise me, then." Valshar pleaded quietly. He didn't want to tell her that fighting in the challenge was to the death. Valshar had the utmost confidence in himself that he would win, but Tyroth would do everything in his power to cause him to lose. He relaxed when he felt Melody move closer to him and sigh sleepily.

"I promise..."

Frederick's deep brown-colored wolf form stumbled quickly through the forest, tripping over stray branches and moss causing him to snarl irritably. After a half a night of running he stopped in a clearing, his ears perking when another wolf moved from behind a tree.

"It's just as you said." He bit out in a snarl, pacing back and forth. The other wolf growled in response.

"He is attached to another woman, enough to care for her safety from us and showed open content when I attempted to lay a claim....then the traitor countered with a challenge for Alpha."

"That was not part of my plans...but this could be useful to us. But perhaps next time I will choose a more competent ally in this."

"Forgive me. I did what I could, and the annoying human brother was more than willing to allow the situation but the worthless wolf intervened. I must speak with Tyroth immediately." Frederick growled irritably.

"When you return I will have a new plan." The older wolf snarled dangerously. "We cannot allow the traitor to become Alpha again. We must show them that his judgement is clouded by his love for those disgusting humans. He is more willing to kill of members of his own than kill a worthless human."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:02 am

Fredrick cowered as Tyroth whirled around and snapped at him.

“Challenge!? He’s challenging me for Alpha? Are you serious?” Tyroth growled and paced angrily.

Fredrick whined, “Yes, I’m sorry Tyroth, but he challenged you.”

The big grey wolf paced more and then looked over at Fredrick. “Go make yourself useful and gather the Council.”

Fredrick nodded and ran off.

The Council gathered, and watched curiously to see why Tyroth had summoned them. Most of the wolves on the council were younger, replacements for those wolves that Valshar had killed. A few however, were older and remembered Valshar.

The eldest wolf on the council, a large dark brown wolf, stepped forward. “Why are we here, Tyroth?”

“I have been challenged.”  Tyroth snarled.

“Challenged for Alpha? By who?” asked another wolf.

Tyroth growled, “By Valshar.”

The old wolf grimaced. “Good luck.” Then he turned to leave.

“Where are you going Kynar? I haven’t dismissed the council.”

Kynar turned back around and tilted his head. “What more is there to be discussed?”

Tyroth raged, “You think I’ll lose?”

Kynar sighed, “Tyroth, I truly do respect your abilities as a fighter, but against Valshar? I am afraid you’re out matched, lad.”

“Valshar is a traitor and a coward.” Tyroth spat out.

The old wolf just shook his head. “You were still little more than a pup when your father died, so you don’t remember Valshar.”

“I know he killed my father.”

Kynar nodded, “Yes. He did. As well as eight out of the twelve council wolves, because your father killed his mate.”

Tyroth snarled, “A disgusting human.”

Kynar shook his head, “Do you really think anyone else would react differently if you killed their mates? It doesn’t really matter what she was, it was wrong.”

“Who’s side are you on, Kynar?” he snapped.

The old wolf shrugged. “The pack’s. Simply stating the truth, Tyroth. No matter how good you think you are, there is not a single wolf in this pack that can beat Valshar in one on one combat. I would have thought you might figure that out when every hunting group you send after him ends up dead and buried. He is not easy to kill. Keep it up and there won’t be any wolves left.”

He turned and started to walk out of the Council gathering.  Tyroth snarled in rage and pounced, sinking his teeth into Kynar’s shoulder. The old wolf yelped and rolled, kicking Tyroth away.

“What’s wrong with you, Tyroth?” he growled.

“I think you’re dangerously close to sounding like a traitor, Kynar.”

Kynar sat down and turned his head to lick at the wound on his shoulder and Tyroth resumed his angry pacing.

“Besides that, I have a plan. Valshar knows I can’t refuse his challenge, but he has to accept whatever I choose as the location for the fight. I’ll make him fight me by the lake, his old home.”

Several of the wolves around the circle gasped, all knowing the significance of the location. The second oldest wolf on the council stood.

“You mean to fight him where your father killed his wife? You really think that’s a good idea?”

“Of course. It’ll upset him and he will be distracted and unfocused, making him easier to beat.”

Kynar sighed and shook his head. He knew it was pointless to tell the young wolf what he was thinking of as a good idea was really suicide. He was too much like his father.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Belthan paced impatiently, snarling as Frederick explained the events between Tyroth and the pack Council.  "Tyroth is a fool. Valshar will only be strengthened by the pain of remembering.  At this rate he will reclaim his position as pack Alpha and our traditions will be forgotten. "

Frederick kept his distance from the old wolf. "But would it not be for the best? Because of Tyroth our pack numbers have fallen. We are vulnerable to attack with pups on the way. Valshar would keep us safe and-"
A dangerous snarl stopped him from continuing on and he backed away as Belthan's eyes flashed in anger.

"It was him who had caused this from the start. If he had obeyed the laws then none of this would have happened. He abandoned us in then end....His own kind."

Frederick nodded slowly. "But even if we take out the woman somehow,  the anger would drive him to win."
Belthan let out another irritated growl before continuing to pace. "Then break her. Give her a reason to fear us and abandon the traitor."

"How am I to do that? She is guarded by not only Valshar now but the vampires as well!"

A scoff was heard.

"You have human pets don't you? Use them."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Melody woke, and smiled as she saw Valshar’s dark furry form still beside her. She remembered Sani’s words about how he often didn’t get enough sleep. He looked so peaceful there; she decided not to wake him up and carefully slipped out of the bed and dressed. She headed down stairs, thinking she would surprise Valshar with a tray of breakfast.

When she got downstairs she noticed the door of her brother’s study was closed.  She stopped one of the passing servants and asked them about it. They shrugged and simply said he was in a meeting with someone. Melody frowned and was just headed toward the kitchen when the study door opened and Mathias stepped out.

“Ah there you are, Melody. Come here.”

She stepped into the room and froze as she saw Fredrick standing there with a satisfied smirk on his face. He slipped over beside her and grinned.

“Melody, I’ve just signed a marriage contract for you, with Fredrick, so you’ll be going with him.”
Fredrick put his hand over her mouth and pulled her against him. “Come along, dear. We’re going now.”

She tried to pull free and looked over at her brother with shock and fear in her eyes. Mathias just sighed.

“Do stop being so dramatic, Melody. The arrangement is quite profitable for us, you should be glad.”

Fredrick pulled her along with him as he headed out of the house. A carriage waited outside and he shoved her inside, but in doing so had taken his hand from her mouth finally.

She screamed as loud as she could, “Valshar!”

Valshar snapped awake and bolted down the stairs, shifting in mid stride. When he got outside, Fredrick was getting into the carriage, shoving Melody back into the seat.  He sneered at Valshar.

“She’s mine now. I have a contract for her signed by her own dear brother.” He tossed a rolled parchment out onto the ground at Valshar’s feet.  “Tyroth sends his regards.”

The carriage pulled away as he signaled the driver and the horses were whipped into a gallop.

Valshar snarled and snatched up the rolled parchment and growled when he read it. Sani appeared by his side looking concerned.

“What happened?”

“Fredrick took Melody.” He growled.

She looked at him with wide eyes, “And you’re not going after her?”

“Damnit Sani, I can’t!” He held out the parchment. “Tyroth chose the time and place for the challenge fight. My old home by the lake, at sundown.”

Her jaw dropped and she blinked. “Where your Alora was killed?”

Valshar nodded grimly. “It’s a clever plan; I have to give the pup that. He knows that from here I have just enough time to get there if I leave now and go at a full run the whole way.”

“You’ll be exhausted.”

“He’s counting on that. He’s also knows I’ll be worried about Melody, and it won’t be easy for me being back there.”

Sani’s eyes went crimson. “Valshar. Go. Me and my people will go get Melody. She’ll be fine and safe so don’t worry about her. I give you my word.”

He reached over and hugged her before shifting into wolf form. “Thank you Sani.”

“Just make sure you win.”

“Count on it. He’s clever, but not clever enough. This old wolf isn’t done yet.” He grinned dangerously.

Fredrick backhanded Melody before tying her hands tightly. “You’ve caused quite a lot of trouble, you know that? But it will be over soon.” He gave a cruel laugh, “And don’t think your dear Valshar will come save you. He has to face Tyroth since he was foolish enough to make the challenge. IF he fails to show up, he will be branded a coward and his life will be forfeit to the pack.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:04 pm

"You give Tyroth too much credit. Valshar will get there in time and destroy him!" Melody yelled, violently struggling as Frederick tried to keep her still. It wasn't until he backhanded her hard enough to leave spots in her vision that she whimpered and held still.

"We will see about that my dear 'wife'." Frederick spat, yanking her hair when she tried to move away from him. The carriage started to move more quickly as he leaned over to whisper into her ear and it filled her with terror. "By the time anyone thinks to save you,  I will already have you dealt with. So enjoy the scenery while you can, you disgusting little harlot. Because once we reach our destination I will make sure you never step foot outside again."

"And you smell like the traitor. I will have to fix that." He snarled grabbing her arm. Melody let out a cry just as the carriage came to a stop. Frederick let out another snarl as he moved for the door. It had barely been long enough for them to have gotten even close to where he needed to be.

He opened the door and jumped out, freezing when he saw Alexander holding his carriage driver by the neck and begging for his life. It was then that Frederick noticed that 3 others had situated themselves near the horses. Sani came from around the other side of the carriage,  her eyes narrow and red.

"Give us Melody." She demanded in a dangerous tone.

"That woman is none of your concern." He snarled defensively,  taking a step back when Sani moved towards him. "Her brother owed me a debt and we are now legally bound. Our business has nothing to do with you, vampires."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Sani pulled Fredrick out of the carriage by his neck and shoved him toward Alexander. “Take care of this one.”

Alexander grinned, his fangs flashing. “Finally, some fun.”

“Just don’t kill him.” She smiled sweetly at her husband and gave him a wink.

“You have to spoil everything?”

“Sorry love, but you know he’ll want to deal with this whelp himself.”

“Alright.” Alex grumbled as he dragged Fredrick off.

Sani climbed up into the carriage beside Melody. “I am so sorry to add probably another shock to your life, but under the circumstances, it can’t be helped. I promised Valshar I’d come save you.”
She untied the girl and hugged her gently. “He had to go to the challenge, or he would have come himself.”

Melody nodded, the whole series of events still causing her mind to reel with shock and confusion.

“Alex?”

“Ready when you are, Ladies.”

“Get us to the lake then, as quickly as possible without killing the horses.”

He laughed, “Hold on.”

Valshar extended his stride into the full out run that made wolves the feared hunters they were. Few living things could outlast the endurance and speed of a wolf at that pace. His eyes burned a fierce angry gold as he thought of Fredrick’s hands on Melody and the fear in her eyes. Growling deep in his chest he prayed Sani would get to her in time to keep any harm from coming to her. He knew she would try, she had given him his word and he trusted her, but still couldn’t completely shake the worry that gnawed at his heart.

When he got closer to the lake, he let himself slow down. He’d made better time than he thought he would. Since he realized he would have enough time, he started stalking a deer trail he’d picked up. Creeping low through the undergrowth, he was able to get close enough to see it. He smiled as he saw it limp. It was an older doe, and with a hurt leg, he knew she wouldn’t last much longer in any case, and he needed the boost of energy her blood and flesh would give him. With a powerful jump he sprang at her and managed to catch her by surprise. He used his weight to pull her off balance as his teeth sank into her shoulder, then grabbed tight with his forepaws and went for her throat.

Satisfied and refreshed, he rolled quickly in the grass to remove the blood from his muzzle and fur. He smiled coldly as he resumed his journey to the lake. Silently he steeled his mind to the expected onslaught of memories and emotions he would face.

As he stepped through the trees and into the clearing, he heard the wave of whispers and gasps as wolves spotted him. He kept his head high and his tail arced upwards in a clear sign of dominance. He walked calmly through the pack as they parted for him. Valshar couldn’t help but smirk at the look in Tyroth’s eyes when he saw Valshar wasn’t running in panting and exhausted.

“I have to give you credit, pup. A clever plan this- having your jackals kidnap my new mate while you force me to come here where your father murdered my first, and expecting me to me worn out from the run from where I was.”

His ears twitched ever so slightly as he heard the murmurs spread around the gathered wolves.

Tyroth snarled. “What are you talking about, traitor? I haven’t had anything done about that disgusting human you’ve been attached to.”

“Oh really? Fredrick took my mate just before he gave me your message about the time and place for the challenge. You really expect me to believe he wasn’t acting on your orders?”

Tyroth tensed as he noticed the eyes of the pack turn toward him. “You’re lying.”

“If I am, then where is Fredrick?”

“I believe I can answer that.” Sani’s voice rang out clearly over the silenced pack. She strode forward with Alexander right behind her dragging a bruised and bloodied Fredrick with a rope around his neck.

Valshar looked over, his heart nearly skipping a beat as he saw Melody beside Sani. She looked obviously shaken and he snarled at the sight of a bruise forming on her cheek. However, she was safe now, and that was all he needed to know.

Kynar stepped forward between the two males, “Tyroth, you realize this is serious. You were challenged, fairly and within the laws of the Pack. If you were deliberately attempting to sway things in your favor, more than just choosing the location, then you’ve sullied the Pack’s honor.”

Tyroth snarled and glared at Fredrick. “What were you thinking? I never told you to go near the human.”

Alexander kicked the bedraggled wolf forward and Fredrick sank to his knees with a whimper. “I… I… did what I was told!”

“Not by me!” Tyroth roared.

“It was Belthan. He said we had to make sure Valshar didn’t win.”

Kynar looked to the other council wolves and they all nodded in return. “Very well, Tyroth. The blame for Fredrick’s action is not yours; we will deal with that matter later. The challenge must be attended to first. Both of you are here.”

He took a deep breath and turned to Valshar. “You who challenge, by what right are you here?”

The formal words signified the beginning of the challenge, and Valshar raised his steady gaze to Tyroth. “By right of blood, tooth, and claw.”

Kynar nodded, and turned to Tyroth. “You have answered the challenge as Alpha. You have two choices at this moment. Tyroth you may avoid bloodshed and step down or you will defend your title of Alpha with your life. This fight is to the death, and the last wolf standing shall lead the Pack.”

Valshar’s eyes burned like molten gold as he stared the younger wolf down. Tyroth swallowed hard. He was a strong fighter but had never faced a wolf like Valshar and he knew it. The calm air of power and strength Valshar displayed, even in the face of all he’d tried to do worried him. If he stepped down, he would be shunned from the pack. If he fought, he would most likely die. He understood now what Kynar had tried to tell him. Bringing Valshar back to this place only made him stronger.

Finally he stepped closer to Valshar and lowered his head and tail in a show of submission. “I yield.” He nearly choked on the words, but he was not ready to die yet, not like this.

Valshar walked over to him and forced Tyroth to the ground with his paw. “You brought me here, where your own father, my brother, murdered my wife. I know why. You thought it would break me. So did he.” He reached down and ripped Tyroth’s ear with his teeth. “Let that remind you of your place, pup.”

He turned his back on the shamed wolf and raised his head to the sky. His howl was quickly joined by every other wolf in the pack as he claimed his victory, and albeit reluctantly, assumed the mantle of Alpha.

Tyroth slunk off, whimpering as the blood from his torn ear dripped down his cheek. Kynar watched him go, and then moved closer to Valshar. He bowed his head. “I know this is not what you wanted, but for me, I am glad you are back.”

Valshar nodded, “Find Belthan.”

Kynar nodded, “With pleasure, sir.” He took off and without a word three other wolves fell in behind and followed him as they went in search of the rogue wolf.

Valshar shook himself and walked over to Melody, shifting back to human form as he reached her. He pulled her into a tight hug and gently kissed her bruised cheek. “Are you alright?”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 am

Melody hugged him tightly , burying her face into his chest. "I'm feeling overwhelmed." She admitted in a shaky tone, feeling the tears she had been holding back for days finally fall. "Who knows what would have happened if Lord Alexander and Lady Sani hadn't found me."

Frederick visibly shook with fear when Valshar's rage filled eyes landed on him as his held her tighter. "You're safe now, Melody.  The pup will pay for trying to take you from me and causing you harm."

"I-I was only doing what I was told!" He yelled in a pleading tone. "Who am I to question the intentions of a Council member? I was told that Tyroth knew! Please spare me!"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Valshar let go of Melody after giving her one last tight hug, and turned to face Fredrick. The rage and hatred he felt toward the cowering wolf was obvious in his molten gold gaze. However, he was Alpha now, and knew he could not give into blind emotion. The pack was still gathered around, watching and waiting to see how he would handle the matter.

He took a deep breath and turned to face the pack. “Wolves of the Pack. This,” he glanced at Fredrick, “wolf stands to be judged. By our ancient laws, to interfere in an Alpha Challenge is punishable by death. Fredrick did so knowingly by attempting to kidnap my mate in the hopes that he would either delay me enough that I would not make it here at the appointed time, thus forfeiting my life, or that I would be too distracted by worry for my mate’s safety that I wouldn’t be able to fight.”

“There has been far too much bloodshed within the pack and by the pack, and the fate of even a single wolf affects the whole of the pack. Because of this I turn to you, my Pack, for his fate shall not be decided by a single wolf but by all of you. So I ask now, what say you wolves of the pack? Do you find him guilty?”

Around him the pack nearly vibrated with the whispers and murmurs as wolves discussed it and many nodding in agreement. Valshar waited quietly, his eyes slowly returning to their normal amber as he forced himself to calm his temper. Finally a middle aged she wolf stepped forward, bowing her head to him as she did.

“My Alpha, we the pack do find him guilty. While he may have been, as he admitted, following orders from someone else, as a free wolf he was responsible for his own actions and it was his choice to follow those orders. Because of this, we find that he is deserving of death by our laws.”

Valshar nodded, “Thank you.” He looked around the gathered pack once more, “Is there any who would speak in his defense?”

Fredrick whimpered and pleaded as he looked around at the wolves, but none made a move or sound. He curled into a ball and cowered as Valshar turned back to him.

“Very well, Fredrick, the pack has spoken, and you are found guilty. However, I am willing to spare your life, with two conditions.”

“Oh, anything, p…p…please don’t kill me!” he cried.

“You are no longer a member of this pack, thus no longer under its protection. You shall leave the pack lands and never return. If you do, you shall be killed for your crimes. Secondly,” He leaned closer and bared his teeth as he continued, “If you ever go near Melody or her home, or her family ever again…” He glared at Fredrick, “I will show you what hell truly means. Understood?”

Fredrick swallowed hard and nodded, unable to speak out of fear.

“Go.”

Fredrick bolted as fast as his legs could move and disappeared into the forest.  Sani stepped forward, and was instantly aware of all the eyes of the pack turning to look at her.

“Forgive me for speaking out of turn regarding wolf business, but is that really wise to let him go?”

Valshar nodded, “I don’t think he will ever cause any trouble again. He’s a coward and now he’s alone. He was but a pawn in another wolf’s game.”

She nodded and stepped back beside Melody, gently putting an arm around the girl. She had known many wolves over the years, but she’d never really witnessed the political workings of the pack like this.

Life had just changed dramatically for Melody and Valshar now that he was Alpha, and Sani couldn’t help but wonder how they would deal with that, especially Melody when she realized what it all meant.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 9:34 pm

"Valshar..." Melody said quietly, doing her best to quiet the hiccups and wiping her eyes as he turned to face her. The look in his eyes softened.

"I wish to return home now."

He stared at her before glancing at Sani. "Would you mind giving us a moment alone? " He asked, loud enough for the other wolves to hear. The area was filled with grumbles from the council as they slowly clear the lake edge; Sani gave Melody a reassuring hug. "I know you're still trying to grasp what is happening, but be strong and hold out just a bit longer, ok? When you are finished here Alexander and I will escort you home and have a few words with your brother."

As Sani left' followed by her servants, Valshar pulled Melody into another tight hug. She could feel hos body almost shaking.

"I'll sorry that you had to go through this experience." He said sincerely. "Now that I am Alpha again I promise to make sure that nothing like this happens again."

She couldn't help wiping the tears onto his shirt and felt relief blood her. She hasn't realized how tense she had been until the promise left him.

"What does it mean?" Melody asked him.

"What?"

"You had said that Frederick kidnapped your....your 'mate'. I don't.....I don't understand. What does this mean?"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:57 am

Valshar looked at her, emotions tumbling over themselves in his mind as he tried to find the right words. He absently ran his fingers through his unruly mane of hair and then took her hand in his.

“Well, I had hoped for better circumstances for asking you. Melody, I would be deeply honored if you would consider becoming my wife, my mate in the eyes of the pack.” He gave her an almost nervous lopsided grin. “I know I can be difficult sometimes, and I’m sure I’m not the easiest man, or wolf, to put up with. I also know I didn’t make things easy for you at all, with everything that’s happened. I guess I was trying to push you away at first because I wasn’t sure I was ready to let anyone love me again, even though I knew I already cared about you.”

He cleared his throat, “Sani was right, after you had left her manor she told me I needed to stop lying to myself, and to you. I should have told you sooner, but when you were in danger, it truly hit me that I did love you. I knew I couldn’t let any harm come to you because I realized that you had given me a reason to exist again. As much as I hate to admit it, I had grown tired, and didn’t really care anymore. Maybe that’s why Sani insisted I come to that ball of hers.”

Valshar leaned in and kissed her cheek again, “I am sorry for everything I’ve put you through, and I hope that you can forgive me. I know you’re probably quite overwhelmed with all that’s happened, and no doubt in need of a good rest. If you would rather take time to think about it, I understand completely. I have to stay here for a few days, there’s a great deal of work that needs to be done. Tyroth left many of his duties undone. When I’m done, I’ll come back to you, if you’ll have me.”

Alexander gently nudged his wife in the side, “It’s not polite to eavesdrop, my dear.”

She glared at him and smacked his shoulder. “I am not listening. I don’t have to, his body language says enough.”

Alex chuckled, “Do you think she’ll accept him?”

Sani shrugged, “She’s been through a great deal in a short time, and it’s likely she’ll need time to sort things out for herself. I do believe she loves him though, so I imagine things will work out.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:32 am

Melody was silent as the words slowly started to sink in. They made butterflies flutter in her chest and when she stared at Valshar with widened eyes he touched her cheek where the bruise had formed. It had taken her a moment to gather the mess of thoughts in her mind.

"Valshar, I do care for you." Melody whispered. "Your words and actions before had hurt more than you can imagine. I wanted to be upset with you; I wanted to push the thought of you away but when we were apart I just couldnt. No matter what I tried...my thoughts were always of you. Even though I wanted to slap you again for good measure."

He let out a laugh and she smiled up at him. "Valshar, I may need more time with you....before I say yes. I want to love you as much as you do for me."

She reached up, pulling him down so that she could kiss his cheek lightly. "When you finish your business here, please come back to me. I....I will wait for you at your cabin...at least until Sani and and Alexander clear the mess my brother got mixed into. Until then I won't be staying at home. "
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:32 am

Valshar smiled as she kissed his cheek. “I’ll come back to you as soon as I can. Though, my cabin? I’m afraid there’s probably not much more than an empty scotch bottle or two in the cupboards. Maybe Sani can help remedy that until I get back. Take all the time you need, I know it’s a lot to take in all at once.”

He turned his head as a young she wolf approached, stopping at a respectful distance with her head bowed. He glanced to Melody, “Excuse me a moment.”

He walked over to the she wolf, shifting back to wolf form as he did. She looked up at him and then looked at the two cubs that followed her.

“I am sorry to disturb you, my Alpha, but our customs say that to be considered part of the pack, cubs must be recognized by the Alpha. Tyroth kept telling me he was too busy, but they are supposed to be properly recognized before their first full moon. I also know it is their sire who is supposed to present them, but my mate is dead.”

“I am sorry for the loss of your mate. I’ll see to the cubs.” He raised his head and gave a low sharp howl and almost immediately the pack wolves began returning to the clearing.

Valshar nodded to her and she gently pushed both cubs forward with her nose. He lowered his head and sniffed and licked both cubs, committing their scent to memory. Looking up again he gazed around the pack. “Wolves of the pack, look upon these cubs and know them. They are true and worthy wolves of our pack and our future.”

The pack sent up a chorus of short howls accepting the new cubs. The little male cub pounced forward, latching on to Valshar’s front leg, and his mother gasped in shock, casting a fearful glance at him.

Valshar simply rolled the cub on his back and laughed. “He shall grow into a fine wolf. Bold and fearless.” He looked at the she wolf and smiled, “They are fine cubs.”

She relaxed and bowed her head in thanks and grabbed the male cub by his scruff and nudged the female to follow as she headed back to her home.

“Valshar!” the call came from the edge of the woods and Valshar spun around to see Kynar emerging, battered and bleeding from many bites and scratches.

Valshar walked over to him, “What happened?”

“Belnath.” The older wolf grimaced and nodded over his shoulder as the other three wolves who had accompanied him came into view dragging Belnath’s body. “He attacked us, swearing he would rather die than acknowledge you as Alpha. When he realized he wasn’t able to take all four of us, he bolted. By the time we caught up with him, he’d downed several mouthfuls of black wolfsbane.”

Valshar sighed as he looked over at the body. “I suppose the end result is about the same as if he’d come here alive.”

Kynar nodded, “He was too dangerous, always has been unstable. I’m ashamed that I didn’t realize just how unstable he’d gotten.”

“You can’t blame yourself Kynar, even I remember how Belnath was. I’m not surprised he wouldn’t accept me, considering how loyal he was to my brother, and by proxy to Tyroth.” He shook his head, “I’m just glad his final plan didn’t work out.”

“What should we do with his body?” asked one of the younger wolves with Kynar.

“He was a traitor, and custom says traitors are left to rot for the crows.” The other spoke up.

Valshar sighed, “No. For all his scheming and plotting, I think in his own twisted way he thought he was protecting the pack. He was a good wolf, once. We’ll respect that, and I can forgive his final treachery. Let him be given a burial that befits a wolf of the pack.”

Turning to Kynar, “You should see to your wounds and rest. I thank all of you for your efforts with Belnath.”

Kynar and the others bowed and Valshar turned and headed back over to where Melody stood with Sani and Alexander.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Melody did everything in her power not to blush when she felt Valshar's wind its way around her as Sani let out a laugh. "Valshar, I'm trying to get her to come with me and Alexander back to the manor instead of bringing supplies to your old dusty cabin." Sani chuckled.

"I just wanted some time alone to think. At least until everything is settled." Melody countered quickly. Alexander gave Valshar a look before he turned his gaze to the carriage. She knew he was going to hold back on what he wanted to say to the wolf and was thankful that he had been behaving. Especially after the last tirade of anger that Sani had put him through for his last demeaning comment at the party. Melody didn't want to know what Alexander wanted to tell Valshar about the proposal, and hopefully he would never get to tell him.

"Yes but all the way out there? While the danger is gone, that it is a ways out there." Sani replied in a thoughtful tone and Melody shook her head. "Everything will be fine, really it will. I just feel that I need some time to myself and I'm sure Valshar would appreciate some time and privacy with me so that we may speak more about the situation."

"I'm sure that you would. Really, Dear. If she wants this we should have someone deliver supplies to the cabin and leave them both be for a while." Alexander grumped crossing his arms.
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Valshar hugged Melody tightly, enjoying the scent of her as it surrounded him and the feel of her closeness. He leaned in and kissed her forehead softly.

“Just be careful if you stay at the cabin alone. The woods still have some dangers, even if I am alpha of the pack. I’ll be able to finish up what I need to do here probably in a couple of days, and then I can join you at the cabin. I know we have a lot to discuss and figure out.” He smiled.

She nodded and he walked over to Sani and hugged her as well.

“Thank you Sani, for everything.”

She quirked an eyebrow at him and chuckled, “Everything?”

He knew what she meant and laughed, “Yes, even for that. I can’t deny I needed a good slap or two at the time.”

She smiled, “I’m just glad I could help, and hopefully you won’t make me do that again.” She gave him a mischievous wink. “Besides you can pay be back by attending my next ball and staying till is over.”
He rolled his eyes and groaned mockingly. “We’ll see.”

She swatted his shoulder and grinned, “Just take care of yourself, Valshar. We’ll keep an eye out for Melody while you’re gone.”

He nodded, “You’re a great friend, Sani, and I promise. I will be careful.” He glanced over at Melody, “I have a reason to now.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:23 pm

Sani smile widened, and she gave Valshar a playful hug before she and Melody strode over to get inside the carriage. He politely helped Melody up and stood aside for Alexander to pass by him. The vampire gave him a dark look. "You're setting yourself up to be heartbroken and dragging Melody along with you. She's a young human.....you all but cornered her into this. What if, after spending time with you, she realizes that she would prefer a normal human life?" He hissed quietly.

"The last thing that I want is Sani worrying over you after you've gone and caused yourself these problems."

Valshar bit his tongue, angrily holding back the golden color from bleeding through his eyes when Alexander scoffed at him from lack of a response. He turned, ignoring the fuming wolf and slammed the carriage door shut.

After a few reassuring hugs and some cross words from Sani to Alex, Melody let out a sigh of relief as one of the servants helped carry supplies inside. She was more than a little excited, knowing that Valshar would approve of his cabinets being filled to the brim, and also for the servant that Sani had left to keep an eye on her.

"What other dangers could there be out here?" She asked curiously as the servant (whom she assumed was a vampire as well) started up some warm water for a bath.

"Wild animals, for starters." Came the reply. "There are also neighboring wolf packs that you should be aware of. But I'm sure Valshar will explain everything when he is back in a few days. Sani asked that I see to your safety on the off chance that one of them decides to....pay a visit."

She let out a sigh when he didn't say anything else and stared out through the trees. "I hope Valshar gets finished soon. There is still so much I want to speak with him about."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 12:10 am

Valshar flopped over on his side, not even bothering to change forms. The pack had cleared out an empty den for him as a temporary residence. It served well enough until he decided on a permanent home within the pack lands.

Two days. Though it seemed like a week to him. Two days of nonstop petitions and audiences and meetings about pack business. He had long known the pack was not at its prime anymore with Tyroth as Alpha. However as he became aware of the true scope of how badly the pack had faired under his nephew’s leadership, the more disgusted he was.

He sighed wearily as his muscles finally relaxed and his mind begged for sleep. He hadn’t slept since that night in Melody’s manor, beside her. His heart ached at the thought of her, missing her presence greatly. Soon. He thought. Soon I’ll be back there with her.

With that thought echoing through his mind, he finally drifted into a deep sleep.

A polite knock at the entrance and a cleared throat stirred Valshar from slumber and he rose stiffly.

“Enter.” He called out, as he shook himself.

Kynar poked his head in, and chuckled. “You look awful, old friend.”

Valshar made a face as he shifted into human form with a groan. “You’re one to talk. How’re you healing up?”

Kynar had taken to spending more time in his human form lately, and pointed to the bandages still around his ribs, just visible under his shirt.  “Slowly, but I’ll heal. You still planning to leave today?”

Valshar nodded and settled into the chair across from him. “I want to. I think I’ve handled all the most pressing concerns that a beta couldn’t manage.”

Kynar nodded. Valshar had named him as the beta, his second in command the evening before. “Do you think she’ll be able to handle it? I imagine it’ll be a lot for her to adjust to.”

He nodded, “I know. Its part of what I need to discuss with her, and why I am anxious to get back soon. There’s a lot she’s going to need to know and learn and right now I’m not even completely certain she’ll want to. I did rather well at totally turning her world upside down on her; she might decide she doesn’t like me anymore.”

The older wolf nodded, “I have to admit, I don’t envy any she who becomes an Alpha’s mate.”

Valshar grinned, “What? You don’t want the job?”

Kynar laughed and then snorted at him. “Ha! Even if I were so inclined. No. I don’t like you that much.”

Valshar laughed as well. “Good thing I don’t like you that much either.”

Kynar nodded, “Glad to hear it, otherwise I’d be worried and your lady would be rather disappointed.”

Valshar chuckled and looked over at the older wolf, “What did you want to talk to me about?”

The old wolf blinked and then grinned, “I’ve actually been thinking of taking a new mate.”

He smiled, “It’ll be good for you. I’m glad to hear it.”

Kynar nodded, “It’s been a long time.” He sighed, “Faldryn never understood, much the same as he didn’t really understand you.”

Valshar nodded, brows furrowing at his brother’s name. “It always surprised me how his mate took it, the way he treated her.”

“Well, the way things are right now, we have far too many unpaired shewolves.”

“And one caught your eye, did she?”

Kynar blushed slightly, “She’s had it for quite some time to be honest, but with Tyroth as Alpha I just didn’t want to bother, and I wasn’t quite ready.”

“Well, best see to catching her eye before she finds someone else.” Valshar gave the older wolf a nudge. “Go on. I think I’ll head back home. If anything comes up send a messenger.”

Kynar nodded and stood, “I will, any idea how long you’ll be gone?”

“Not sure, I suppose that will depend on Melody and how well she takes what we need to discuss.”

The old wolf nodded and left the den.

Valshar finished up a few last minute things and then caught one of the messengers, lithe and fast they were able to move even faster than normal wolves in the pack. The young she wolf nodded as he told her the message and she took off running. She would get to the cabin easily half a day ahead of him unless he truly pushed himself, and even at a full run the messenger could beat him by a few hours at least. He wanted Melody to know he was on his way home again so she wouldn’t worry too much.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:21 am

The tension in the small kitchen rose with every minute as Melody stared down at Mathias, who frowned in return while he sat at the table.

If there was one thing that she wanted, more than anything at that moment it was to hit her brother as hard as she could. After Sani and Alexander had gone through and explained the situation and danger that he had put Melody through he still had not even apologized for it. It surprised her more than anything and also hurt knowing that her last living relative, while he only meant well at first, suddenly didn't care anymore.

It also drove her mad that he had never told her that they had been in debt.

They had argued for nearly hours on end and Melody only felt more irritated and emotionally exhausted as Mathias went on and on with trying to justify his actions as if they were for her well-being. She just couldn't see it that way. She had warned him multiple times how she didn't like Frederick, and for some reason instead of heeding her words he practically sold her to the deranged wolf.

"I just wanted to make sure that you were well off if the ranch didn't make it." He repeated, yet again. "You're looking at this the wrong way! I never sold you, or traded you off! Can't you see I only wanted to make sure that my younger sister was taken care of?"

"You shouldn't have lied to everyone in the first place about the debt! We could have helped you!" She countered angrily, turning back to the sink to rinse a few dishes. "You are the last person I ever expected to try and marry me off like that." She muttered angrily, more to herself than to Mathias. "I can see mother and father doing it, but certainly not you."

"Melody, it's my responsibility to make sure that you have a future." Came the reply. "If you stay at the ranch, doing nothing but tending to the horses like some ranch-hand, how else would you find a noble husband? One who can take care of you and give you the things you need! Unlike the monster you pranced around with at the party. You shouldn't involve yourself with things like him!"

Ready to throw the first item she managed to grab at him, Melody whirled around, her arm prepped and ready to fling the china as hard as possible. Of course she would have gone through with it, had she not first seen a large gray canine peeking its head through the door curiously. When it saw Melody it froze just as she did and Mathias nearly jumped from his chair. "I have a message for you from Alpha." she said timidly, noticing the glare that Mathias was giving her.

Melody's sour mood instantly lightened at those words.

A few hours.

Valshar will be back in a few hours!
Melody's mind constantly hummed as she went on with cleaning up every inch of the cabin that she could, all the while ignoring her brother's protests.

"If you have problems with my choice then you can voice them to Valshar as well." She all but sang before tapping her chin, ignoring the scowl that Mathias was giving her. "I'm sure he'll be tired when he gets home. So you'll have to do it quickly so that he can rest."

"You sound like a love-sick child!" Mathias yelled angrily, resisting every bit of his mind that demanded that he drag her out of the cabin and lock her back home in her room.

She only gave him a smile, making him even more irritable while she continued on with preparing for Valshar's arrival. Hours seemed shorter than he would have liked and it wasn't long before he could hear the sound of boots on the porch. Mathias could only sneer angrily when Melody ran over and threw herself into Valshar's arms for a hug.
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:50 am

Valshar smiled as Melody rushed forward and hugged him. It wasn’t until he caught the other scent in the room that he realized they weren’t alone, and raised his eyes to glare at Mathias.

“What are you doing here?” He growled, body tensing.

Mathias sneered, “I have every right to visit my sister.”

Valshar let go of Melody and stalked over to Mathias, his eyes flickering between gold and amber. “You gave up that right when you tried to give her to Fredrick, allowing her to be placed in grave danger.” He stood less than a foot from Mathias and the younger man could easily hear the low rumbling growl as Valshar spoke. “You may thank her for your life, however, because it is only due to that kinship that you are still in one piece.”

Mathias squirmed, suddenly very uncomfortable under that feral gaze. “I was trying to protect her, I had no idea he was dangerous.”

“Get. Out. Of. My. House.” Valshar’s teeth snapped at the end of each word.

Mathias swallowed hard, and glanced over at his sister for help. She simply shrugged.

“Mathias was just leaving anyway, dear.”

Defeated, Mathias edged carefully away from Valshar, pointedly trying to keep himself out of reach and headed for the door.

“Fine. I hope you don’t end up regretting your choice, sister.”

When the door was closed and he could no longer hear Mathias’ footsteps outside, Valshar turned to Melody, his body relaxing and his eyes softening to his usual amber.

“I am sorry, I know he’s your brother…”

She walked over and hugged him again, “It’s alright. I’m just glad you’re back.” She looked at him, “You look tired though, did you sleep at all?”

He sighed and kicked off his boots. “No, I didn’t. But I’m fine. I can sleep later. I could use a bottle of scotch though.”

Melody rolled her eyes at that, and pointed to the cupboards. “Sani had some sent over with the other supplies.”

Valshar grinned and walked over to find it. Pulling a bottle out, he opened it and took a long drink, not even bothering with a glass. He looked over at her.

“I know we have a lot to talk about, and I’m sure you’ve a lot of questions for me so maybe we should start there?”

He settled himself down in the chair by the fire, glad to be home though he knew that wouldn’t be the case for long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf Moon (private rp)
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ascent of the Virulent :: The Scarred Wastelands :: Plague RP-
Jump to: