Ascent of the Virulent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan based Role Play group who gather to role play their dragon characters based in the world of Flight Rising. Not directly affiliated with FlightRising.com in any way.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wolf Moon (private rp)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Outsanical

Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:18 pm

"It still doesn't feel real." She told him sincerely, fumbling the hem of her borrowed shirt. "Valshar, I don't know how to take all of this. Would it be alright if I just went home now, and we can speak again when you're better?" Melody asked.

She tried to hide the uncertainty and fear in her voice but was unsuccessful when she noticed Valshar's eyes glow with so many emotions that it made her feel guilty for asking. In truth she didn't want to leave him at all, but she wanted to get back home and then speak to Sani about what had happened.

"I'm just....I'm really scared. I don't want to be a burden to you, That wolf said something serious before and it's not safe here anymore is it? You can come home with me until you feel better. I'm sure my brother wouldn't mind!" She rambled on
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet
Name: Unforgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Valshar closed his eyes for a moment with a deep sigh. He knew that as long as he was still alive, no place would ever truly be safe for him. When he looked over at Melody, he was struck hard by the reality that her life, whether she wanted it to be or not, was now tangled up with his. He knew she wasn’t safe either now, because of him. If they found her scent, they would hunt her, hoping to get to him. He growled to himself. He couldn’t let that happen.

“I’ll see you back home when you’re ready, m’Lady.”

He stood up and headed into the bedroom long enough to gather up a clean set of clothes. He walked over to the door leaving the cabin.

“I’ll leave you to get ready. I suppose I need to tell Sani what happened anyway.”

He caught the question in her eyes and he nodded, “Sani knows… everything.” With that he stepped outside to clean up and change clothes.

Valshar was still very sore, but the worst of his wounds had healed well enough that he wouldn’t be bleeding on the new clothing. He kept glancing warily around the clearing, half expecting another attack. But for now, things were calm though he knew that wouldn’t last.
Back to top Go down
https://aovrpg.rpg-board.net
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Deciding not to waste too much time, Melody quickly changed back into her dress from the previous evening. As she remade the bed sheets and headed for the door she couldn't help but feel that something was off. When she made it out of the cabin, the feeling was pushed aside and replaced with relief. Valshar looked tired but he definitely looked better than had had before.

"I would like to apologize in advance." She told him with a light smile, trying to be cheerful as she stepped beside him. "My home isn't as quiet but at least it isn't unbearably noisy. My brother and I inherited the family business of horse breeding and the horses sometimes get a little rowdy. Thankfully we have plenty of guest rooms so you can pick which one has the less noise."

It was how Melody met Sani in the first place. Her brother had practically dragged her from her home to go to an open party for some business opportunities. After avoiding the mass of other male business tycoons that he had been trying to introduce her to, Melody had wandered off and quite literally walked right into Sani, spilling her glass and its contents all over the both of them.

"Lady Sani likes is such a nice person. She gave my brother the idea to breed more than just war horses. I'm sure if she hadn't then my brother and I wouldn't be so well off."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Valshar smiled softly and moved closer to offer his arm to her.

“I’m sure it will be fine, but perhaps we could stop by and see Sani first before heading to your home?” He chuckled, “She does have quite the business sense though, I agree. I sometimes think that’s part of why she keeps Alexander around, so he can pretend the good ideas are his and she doesn’t have to be bored by stuffy businessmen wanting to meet with her.”

He could just imagine his friend’s reaction to news of the attack, especially considering how much she often fussed about his choice of living out in the forest alone.

Melody nodded, and he led the way through the forest back to town. The woods were uneventful, with nothing out of the ordinary, which brought him some measure of relief. When they reached Sani’s manor, they were greeted by one of her servants who led them into a comfortable sitting room to wait.

Moments later, Sani swept into the room with a smile, “Well I hadn’t expected to see you both again so…”

She froze in mid sentence as she took in Valshar’s serious expression and the hint of pain in his eyes, as well as Melody’s unsettled look. She frowned and closed the door behind herself.

“What happened?”

Valshar took a deep breath, “There was an attack, and another wolf came after me. I was careless and not expecting a fight so he was able to get in a few good bites because I’d let my guard down.”

Sani looked over at Melody and then back to Valshar, reading between the lines well enough to understand what he’d left unsaid. She nodded, and then stepped back to the door and called out for another servant. When the maid arrived, she motioned to Melody.

“Come my dear, I’m well aware of the lack of amenities at Valshar’s cabin. I’m sure you could do well with a warm bath and I’m positive Helen here can find something in my closet that will fit you well enough to give you a fresh change of clothes.”

She glanced over at Valshar with a grin, “You didn’t cook for her did you?” He nodded, and she shook her head with mocking drama, “Oh dear. You poor girl.” To her servant she added, “See she’s properly fed as well, won’t you?”

Helen bowed, “Yes, Lady.” She politely took Melody’s hand and led her out of the room.

When the doors closed again, Sani’s expression grew serious and she walked over to sit across from Valshar. “The truth, now.”

He ran his fingers through is hair and looked at her with a frustrated sigh. “I told you the truth.”

“All of it.”

“A wolf I had fought once before found the cabin, he confronted me when I went out to get more firewood, and he attacked. I had to shift in order to defend myself, and I know she saw at least part of the fight.”

“How badly were you hurt?” Sani’s concern grew.

“Bad enough I needed her to help tend the wounds so they’d heal fast enough.” He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees as he looked back over at her. “Sani, he said they know where I am. The Pack knows. If they find the cabin, they’ll find Melody’s scent. She’s not safe anymore.”

Her eyes widened and she reached over and put a hand on his arm. “What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know, Sani.” His eyes were haunted as he remembered the past. “I wasn’t able to keep Alora safe. When they killed her I went utterly rabid with madness, a madness that lasted over a year before I finally came to my senses. Regardless of what Melody thinks of me after this, she’s in danger now because of me.”

He was starting to shake from the painful memories, swallowing hard, he continued. “I made a vow to Alora after I laid her to rest. I swore I would never let anyone else be harmed because of me. I will not let that vow be broken. Melody has to be kept safe. If they come after me, they can’t find her, they just can’t. I cannot go through that again, Sani. Once nearly destroyed me.”

Sani moved over beside him and hugged him tightly, “I know, Valshar, I know. I remember the state you were in the first time we met. I can help keep her safe, but it will be difficult if she doesn’t know the truth.”

Valshar nodded, “I know, but I just don’t know how to tell her. You didn’t see the look in her eyes the first time she saw me as a wolf. How do I explain any of this to her?”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:45 pm

"She's not safe anymore."

Melody's heart nearly froze with fear when she heard Valshar's words echo out of the door. She could barely register the rest of what he and Sani were speaking about as she nearly tore part of the clean dress skirt that Helen had set out for her to wear.

All she had wanted to do was eat a quick meal, take a refreshing bath and then find Sani to ask her what she should do, if she could even do anything for Valshar while he stayed at her home. Instead when she had approached the room they were last in she overheard their quiet conversation.

More of those wolves would make themselves known so they could take Valshar down, and now she somehow ended up in the middle of it. The terror she had felt before suddenly flooded her when the thought of having one of those monsters chasing after her came to light.

Melody backed away from the door when it was thrown open and Sani was standing there with her eyes widened slightly from shock. "I-I'm sorry." She squeaked out with a polite bow. "Excuse me, Lady Sani. I was just looking for Helen!"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:48 am

Sani took a deep breath and stepped over, slipping one arm around Melody’s shoulders in a friendly fashion. Turning to look back at Valshar, she gave him a reassuring look.

“Valshar, knowing you like I do, I doubt that you’ve been eating properly yourself, so why don’t you go visit the kitchen? I’m sure Stella will be delighted to see you again.”

Once Valshar was well out of earshot, Sani turned back to Melody and walked her into the room.

“Would you join me for a glass of wine?”

She didn’t really wait for an answer, but walked over and poured two glasses before sitting down beside Melody. She took a sip of her drink and then looked over at the girl.

“I rather imagine that the last day has been quite a shock for you.”

Melody nodded, unsure of really what to say.

“Melody, my dear, I have known Valshar for a very long time. I’ve also known what he is for most of that time. Because of that, I want to assure you of something. Regardless of what else Valshar may be, he is a good man and he has a very good heart. Granted, it is a heart that has been very badly broken in the past, so it may take some looking to find it, but it is there.” She smiled warmly, “He would never hurt you.”

She smiled, “I have an idea. Why don’t you spend a few days here with me? We can send a servant over with a message for your brother so he won’t fret. We can tell him that Alexander is driving me insane, and I simply must have the company of another sane and sensible woman around before I go mad. I’m sure your brother will understand.”

Melody thought for a moment, “What about Valshar?”

Sani shrugged, “Of course I would invite him to stay as well, but knowing him like I do, he’ll probably insist on going back home. He can be quite stubborn.”

Valshar made his way to the kitchens and hoped that Sani was able to smooth at least some things out with Melody by the time he got back.

Stella was Sani’s head cook, and as such knew perfectly well what Sani and Alexander were, as well as what he was. The old cook glanced up as he walked in and then moved around the counter to give him a more appraising look.

“Ye look a right mess, lad. When was the last time you had a proper meal?”

Valshar chuckled, “Since I doubt you’d consider copious amounts of Scotch a proper meal, it’s been a while.”

Stella clucked her tongue at him disapprovingly and shook her head. “Come along then.”

She pulled out a large platter of fresh meat and Valshar felt his stomach growl in anticipation and protesting the hunger he’d been denying for so long.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 1:36 am

Susan, Stella's assistant cook-in-training twirled a curly lock of her raven black hair while grinning at Valshar as he started to eat.

"So this morning I heard something interesting about you, Val. Isn't it odd? Usually you're the last one I ever hear anything about." She chimed while tapping a finger on the wooden counter. She could hear Stella's scoff from over near the stove. "An assistant came looking for a girl last night, claiming that her older brother had sent him to pick her up. Can you imagine the look of half-horror on the poor man's face when one of the lower maids told him that she left with you as your company for the evening?" Susan cooed.

"I want all of the details! You've always managed to sneak out before the parties even finish but this time you took home something a little extra~! Did you two do anything interesting?"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:32 am

Valshar nearly purred as he savored the taste of the fresh meat, and almost forgot to chew it. It wasn’t really until the first bit of meat hit his empty stomach that he realized just how ravenous he’d let himself get. He realized he’d been neglecting the needs of the wolf part of himself too long, which would explain Sani’s insistent invitation to last night’s party in the first place. She always did fuss about him not taking care of himself.

When Susan edged over closer to him, he tried to ignore her. However, her words caught his attention and he looked up from his meal. Bright gold flecks burned in his amber eyes as he glared at her.

“Hearing that which is not meant for your own ears, and making assumptions about people are both dangerous habits.”

Susan stammered and backed up only to squeak as Stella swatted her from behind.

“Aye, and so is not doing the task to which you were set. Now get back to work and stop pestering my visitors.”

Valshar sighed as the girl scurried off to the far end of the massive kitchen. Stella patted his arm, “Feel better now, do ye lad?”

“My stomach does at least, thank you Stella.”

She beamed and nodded, “Any time me lad.”

Valshar chuckled in spite of himself at how she insisted on calling him lad. “I suppose I should get back up to Sani before she starts fussing about me ignoring her.”

“Oh aye, don’t want her coming after ye.”

Valshar stopped outside the sitting room doors and took a deep breath. Slowly pushing the door opened, he stepped inside and looked at the two women.

“Ah Valshar, I was beginning to think maybe you slipped off without saying anything.” Sani scolded.

He shook his head, “No, just Stella doing a fine job of reminding me how hungry I was.”

Tentatively his warm amber eyes searched Melody’s gaze, hoping that she wouldn’t fear him or worse, hate him now that she knew the truth about him.

“Can I get you a drink, Valshar?” Sani offered as she stood.

“Scotch if you please.”

She gave a mock shudder, “How do you drink that stuff?”

He shrugged, “It serves a purpose.”

She poured him a glass and handed it to him. “If you say so.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:43 am

Melody watched silently as Sani and Valshar exchanged more banter, sipping her wine slowly.

When they went silent after a few minutes and turned to stare at her she downed the last of the wine and stood. "I really appreciate everything, Lady Sani." Melody said, trying to sound brave. Being around Valshar made her nervous. "Truly, I'm thankful. But I think it would be best if I returned home. At least let me speak to my brother and gather some clothes that are not borrowed."

She did her best to try avoiding Valshar's gaze but when their eyes met she couldn't look away. "It's very hard for me to accept and understand what's happened....some distance would help me calm my nerves. I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me..."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 2:23 am

Valshar’s eyes flickered with a myriad of emotions as he held her gaze for a moment. Finally he looked away and distracted himself by getting up to pour himself another glass of scotch.

Sani put a gentle hand on Melody’s arm. “Well, if you insist on going, at least let me have Edward drive you home. There’s absolutely no point in having you walk all that way, unlike someone else who lives out in the middle of nowhere and doesn’t own a horse.”

Valshar chuckled at the teasing, “I don’t get along with horses.”

Sani sent for Edward, her carriage driver, and then led Melody to the door. As the carriage pulled up, she hugged the girl. “Do come back soon though, I wasn’t entirely joking about Alexander driving me crazy.”

Valshar stepped to the door as the carriage pulled away headed for Melody’s home. Sani walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder.

“I am sorry; I was hoping she would stay.”

He sighed, “It’s understandable. She’s had a very abnormal 24 hours. It’s only natural that she would wish to restore some semblance of normalcy to her life by surrounding herself with that which she perceives as safe and familiar.”

She frowned at the intense worry in his expression. “What are you going to do?”

He shrugged, “Part of me wants to follow and stay close to her so I can keep an eye on her to make sure she stays safe. However, I doubt that a big black wolf lurking around would be very inconspicuous. So, I’ll do the only thing I can. Go back home, try to cover up her scent and wait for them to make a move. If they come looking for me there, I’ll stop them before they can find out about her.”

She shook her head, “But you got pretty badly hurt by the one that showed up.”

He scowled, “Trag was only able to get me that badly because I had allowed myself to get careless and let my guard down. I won’t be so easy anymore.”

Sani nodded and reached over to hug him. “Please be careful. I’ll have one of my people keep an eye on Melody, so try not to worry about her too much.”

He smiled and hugged her back, “Thank you for everything, Sani.”

Valshar shifted to wolf form and took off back toward his cabin.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 2:59 pm

Watching as the country side slowly merged into a more populated area, Melody let out a bored sigh.

She didn't want to leave, not when Valshar had looked at her almost pleadingly but it couldn't be helped. What she needed was some space, to think and prepare for the few days away from home that Sani had offered for her protection.

It didn't take much longer before the carriage stopped in front of the old, ivy-covered gates the guarded the main house. Melody thanked Edward as he helped her down and escorted her up the cobble path to the front doors.

It felt so peaceful to be walking the familiar path, horses neighing or galloping could be heard in the distance and her nerves were starting to calm down. She was thankful that the horses didn't mind the small space in the city, as purchasing land was something that her brother wouldn't be able to accomplish just yet. The area they lived in was both quiet and (to Melody's relief) wolf free.

"I can handle myself from here, thank you." She told him when they reached the doors. "Could you please tell Lady Sani that I will return in a few days?"

Edward silently nodded, giving her a deep bow before turning to leave.

Melody didn't even get a chance to open the door, as the faded red doors flew open themselves and a stern glare fixed her in place. "M'lady!" Ester, the eldest hand maid said in a scolding tone.

"Do you have any idea what time it is? What day? Your brother has all but torn the hair from his head!"

Before she could even speak a word to defend herself, Melody was grabbed by the arm and all but dragged through the main hall, up the stairs and past the many extra rooms that her brother would occasionally lend out or rent to business colleagues.

She was dragged into the study, almost shoved in front of the desk where her brother looked up from his paperwork. His sandy colored hair looked messy, and his green eyes were showing relief behind his glasses. He was, however, frowning.

"Mathias." Melody started, hoping to get in her side of the story. Her brother was usually a silent person, but once angered was a force to be reckoned with.

"I asked you to do one simple thing for me, Melody. If Father were here he would give you a lashing." Mathias cut in crudely. "We can't keep setting business aside while you run off to enjoy the parties. It is imperative that we get her confirmation to help expand. A business partner contacted me this morning, and they are willing to loan us what we need for the land. But without the confirmation to allow us to buy it...."

He trailed off, letting the words sink in and Melody lowered her gaze to the floor. "I'm sorry, brother. I was selfish."

Mathias moved from behind then desk, slowly pulling her into a tight hug. "You know I don't like to be harsh on you, but we can't afford to put it off much longer. More business opportunities for us keep appearing but if we can't expand to handle them we won't ever be successful."

"I will let it slide this time, just don't let it happen again Melody." He told her quietly as she returned the hug. "Now go and get some rest. Tonight an important opportunity is visiting for dinner. It is a bit sudden but he insisted on meeting us tonight. At least help me entertain him before you return to Sani's estate."

Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Valshar had to admit, a good long run in wolf form felt good. It hit him how much he’d really been neglecting himself, and realized how dangerous that habit truly was.

He spent the next two days working to cover up any trace of Melody’s scent around his cabin. He also made sure he would be ready for trouble when it came. Trag might have been one for petty insults and taunts, but Valshar knew him well enough to know the threat he’d made about the pack was likely very true. They would be coming, and he had to be ready.

That meant hunting and eating properly as well as sharpening instincts he’d let grow a bit rusty. When he let himself shift to human form, he did find his thoughts turning to Melody, but he also knew Sani well. He had to trust that when she said she’d have someone keeping an eye on Melody, she meant it. He also figured that ‘her people’ meant another vampire that would be capable of actually being good in a fight if something happened.

Valshar was on his way back to the cabin after a successful hunt, the blood of his last meal still staining his fur. Suddenly the wind shifted and he caught a scent that froze him in mid stride. Wolves. He talked closer to the clearing around his cabin to get a better view of what waited for him.

Eight wolves were spread around the cabin clearing, when a ninth emerged with a growl.

“You tell me a wolf lives here? Looks more like a human place to me.”

The largest of the group laughed, “He probably thinks he’s hiding by pretending to be one of them.”

Valshar’s eyes narrowed and his lips curled in a snarl as he stepped into the clearing.

“I do not hide. It’s not my fault the pack’s best keep failing.”

The lead wolf howled, “Kill the Traitor!”

Sani was relaxing with a good book when a young vampire burst in, out of breath and looking panic stricken.

“What’s going on?” She demanded, getting to her feet.

“My Lady, you sent me to keep an eye on Valshar. He’s in trouble. Nine wolves I saw, they found him.”

Sani’s eyes went wide and then shifted to an angry crimson. “Gather the Five and meet me at his cabin. Go quickly!”

She left the house and grabbed her horse, kicking it into a full gallop as she headed down the forest path.

As she pulled her horse to a stop at the edge of the clearing, Sani gasped. The scene was utter carnage as wolves lay torn to shreds and scattered. Her eyes frantically searched for Valshar’s dark fur and prayed that she wasn’t too late.

Finally she found him and her concern only grew. His jaws were still locked in a death grip on the lead wolf’s throat. His dark fur was soaked in blood from countless savage bites and gashes over his body as well as that of his foes.

She knelt down beside him, and he growled deep in his chest, still blinded by the fury of the fight.

“Shhh.” She spoke soothingly, trying to break through the blood haze that clouded his mind. “Valshar, it’s over. Let go. It’s me, Sani.”

Slowly his eyes changed from blazing gold to deep amber and he released his hold on the other wolf. He lifted his head and whimpered as he tried to stand but failed. One front leg had been badly mangled and could not support his weight.

Gently she reached out and used her powers to lull him into a deep sleep. Looking up gratefully as the other Five arrived, she nodded to them. “Two of you need to see to the bodies of the other wolves. The rest of you, help me get him back to my manor.”

A messenger arrived at Melody’s home. When she took the folded parchment and read it, she felt her throat go dry.

Melody-
It’s urgent that you come to my manor. Valshar is in grave condition. The Pack found him. Please come quickly.
~Sani

Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Melody could barely hear the loud laughter from oone of her brother's guests as she read the letter again. She thanked the messenger, telling him she would be leaving immediately before turning to approach Mathias.

"Brother, I've been summoned by Sani. It looks like I will have to skip this gathering." She told him urgently. Her brother only frowned. "Don't give me such a look! I will even get the confirmation, but I have to leave immediately."

"You can't be serious, Melody." Mathias countered quietly in an angry tone. "This gathering is important! We have to remain on good terms with Frederick for the loan! Disappearing during a party like this is rude."

"I don't like being around him brother." She retaliated just as angrily as she started to ead for her room to grab a few necessities. "I feel uneasy being in the same room as him."

Mathias pulled off his glasses to pinch the bridge of his nose. "Melody, I know you were summoned but it can wait until morning. This is important!" He growled as she began shoving items into one of her cases. "At least put up with him long enough until the deal goes through."

With a huff, Melody snapped the case shut and headed for the door with her brother following closely, trying to get her to reconsider. When she asked their butler to arrange for one of their horses to be readied he let out an irritated sigh. "Melody, please reconsider! Our Guest will see this and he-"

"Can wait, Mathias." Came the firm reply as she headed for the main doors. "I will be back in a few days. Give my regards to Frederick. When I return I will be able to speak to him properly."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Helen greeted Melody as she arrived. “Good evening, m’Lady. Lady Sani requested I show you up to her straight away.” The servant paused only long enough to take Melody’s coat and hang it up and make sure the door was closed and locked before turning and heading up the wide staircase.

Sani looked up as Helen ushered Melody into the room. “Thank you, Helen.” She stood and walked over to Melody. “I’m glad you came. I think you being here will mean a lot to him.”

“How bad is it?” Melody asked, glancing over at Valshar.

He lay on a bed, most of his body wrapped in blood stained bandages while another young woman gently placed a cool damp cloth on his forehead. His breathing was low and ragged.

“He’s feverish. Lost a lot of blood judging from the wounds he suffered. He’s been drifting in and out of consciousness, though more unconscious than awake which worries me. He did call your name a couple of times when he was drifting between. That’s one of the reasons I thought you should be here, that and I figured you would at least like to know.”

She poured two glasses of wine and offered Melody one. “From what we found there were nine wolves that had come after him, none of them survived, though he just barely did. It does appear that he’s at least been taking better care of himself though which may have helped save his life.”

“What do you mean?” Melody asked worriedly.

“Well, considering the state he was in when I visited him a few days ago, that was part of why I insisted he attend my ball, where you two met. He hadn’t been eating properly, and certainly hadn’t been sleeping. Wolves may have incredible endurance and they are extremely resilient, but even the strongest wolf can’t survive forever if they neglect the most important and basic needs of their own bodies.”

Sani settled into a chair near the bed. “Honestly though it’s rather understandable, given what he’d suffered and being alone for so long with naught but painful memories and grief for company. He’s far too proud and stubborn to accept death easily, but that doesn’t mean he’s immune to the temptation to just stop caring about himself.”

She motioned to the other chair beside the bed, “I just hope we were able to find him in time, that his body will be able to repair itself after being so badly injured.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 11:18 pm

With a shaky nod, Melody sat down in the chair and stared at Valshar. He looked as terrible as she felt.

After a few sips of the wine she started to calm down a bit, leaning back in the chair to relax. He looked more broken in his sleep than he did when he was awake, and it tugged at her heart lately to see him in such terrible condition.

""Do you think I could talk him into staying here and not go back to the cabin? It's not safe anymore...Next time he might not survive."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:15 am

“If you could talk him into staying, I’d be delighted. But he is a stubborn beast at times.”

Valshar groaned and fidgeted restlessly in his sleep as nightmares and painful memories tormented his fevered mind.

Sani frowned, no longer able to keep the worry from her face. “Damn, his fever is getting worse.”

She chewed her lip for a moment as she thought, “He needs food, desperately, so his body can replenish what it lost. Hard part is going to be getting him to wake up and stay awake long enough to get anything down.”

“Perhaps some broth might work?” Melody offered.

Sani smiled briefly. “It probably would if he were human. No, I’m afraid it isn’t so easy with Valshar. His body needs fresh raw meat and blood or he won’t be able to regain the strength he needs to fight through the fever.”

She looked over at the servant who was helping to tend to Valshar. “Go tell Stella to prepare a bowl of food for him. With luck maybe we can get something to work to get him awake long enough to eat.”

Stella soon appeared with a bowl of rather unappealing dark red mush. “I’ve made it as fine as I could, figuring that might go down easier in his condition.” She offered the bowl and a spoon to Sani who took it with a smile.

“You are brilliant Stella, hopefully that’ll be just what he needs.” She gave the old cook a mischievous glance. “You didn’t put any scotch in it did you?”

“Oh heavens no!” Stella huffed with a grin.

“Well, when he recovers, he’ll probably complain about that.”

“He can complain all he wants. I’ve a good stout broom strong enough to swat a fussy wolf, to be sure.”

Sani laughed as Stella retreated back to her kitchens. She settled down on the edge of the bed beside Valshar and nodded to Melody. “I’m going to need your help. Hold his hand on that side, and talk to him. I don’t care what you say, just keep talking to him. The sound of your voice will give his mind something to focus on.”

Turning her attention to Valshar, she took a small bit of the mixture from the bowl and gently poured a little into mouth.

“Come on Valshar, you have to get something in you, now wake up and eat.”

Reflexes forced him to swallow and Sani repeated the process, watching him closely. He shook his head in his sleep and groaned again, but after the fourth spoonful, his hand tightened slightly on Melody’s.

She smiled and took a cool cloth and wiped his forehead, “Pull out of it, Valshar, you need food for your body to heal. Melody’s here too, so don’t you dare think of dying in my home.”

Another couple of spoonfuls and his eyes opened briefly, and then he blinked a few times, trying to clear the haze from his mind. His memories were a jumbled mess and Sani saw the confusion in his eyes.

“Valshar, just take it easy. Don’t go trying to move. You were attacked by pack wolves, I found you and brought you here to my manor.”

His breathing was growing steadier, and he closed his eyes again for a moment, and then tried to turn his head. “Melody?”

“I’m right here.” Melody said softly.

“Aye, and she’s perfectly safe, as I promised she would be, which is more than I can say for you.”

His amber eyes met Melody’s gaze for a moment, and then he realized he had hold of her hand. He smiled weakly and let go, not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

“I can’t heal like this, Sani.”

“Balderdash. You can and will. You see all these nice neat bandages all over you? You try to shift with those on and you’ll likely strangle yourself, and furthermore, I will not have a great furry beast bleeding all over my house.”

He made a face at her, and then sighed. “Thank you.”

She smiled, “You’re welcome. Now, I need to see to a few things. I’ll leave Melody and Ira to keep you company. If you need anything, send Ira to fetch it or me.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Melody smiled in relief after Sani had left the room before reaching slowly to take Valshar's hand into her. "Words can't describe how terrified and worried I was when I received Lady Sani's message. I rode out as soon as I could." She told him. "You are truly lucky that they managed to find you in time."

When he pulled his hand away she pulled her hands back into her lap and stared at him with a bit of uncertainty. He smiled as best as he could. "You need not worry at all, M'Lady. Though while I truly appreciate the gesture, it is unneeded. It may be possible for me to return home soon."

"But you almost died." She pointed out. "It's not safe for you or fair to Lady Sani that you return to your cabin. What if you get attacked again and don't survive? Your friends would be heartbroken..."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:28 pm

“Maybe I deserve it.” He muttered under his breath. Glancing back over at Melody, the concern in her voice and eyes hit him hard. “I’m sorry, m’Lady. I just think it best that I return to my cabin as soon as possible.”

Valshar reached over and gently placed his hand on her arm. “Melody, I am sorry.” He looked into her eyes and felt his heart tremble in his chest. Looking away, he swallowed hard. “A long time ago, I lost someone I cared very, very much for. I lost her because of me- because of what I am.” His voice faltered as the emotions threatened to overwhelm his mind. “I cannot allow that to ever happen again. I will not allow anyone to put themselves in harm’s way on my behalf. Never again.” He lowered his head and closed his eyes briefly. “In my cabin, alone, is the best place for me to be. For everyone.”

“As soon as I’m able to go, I shall.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 pm

`"You can't. It's safer here." Melody said firmly, wishing he would look at her as she spoke. "Valshar if you go back to your cabin then they will most definitely be waiting for you. You would be walking to your own death! I am sorry that you had lost your wife, but what would she think if you told her what you are telling me now?

She could see Valshar stiffen at her words.

"Please, Valshar. Don't go back. ady Sani said you can stay here, and my offer to stay with my brother and I will always be there for you if you need it. Don't go back to the cabin..."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:40 am

Pain and a flash of anger caused sparks of gold to light up his amber eyes. “They killed her because of me.” He nearly growled the words, “And because of that, I killed them, breaking more of the pack laws.”

Valshar sighed, and took her hand in his, “I am sorry, Melody, truly. But as long as I live, there is no place truly safe for me. Because of that, I simply cannot nor will not endanger anyone else by staying anywhere near people I care about. It’s better if I’m alone at the cabin where I belong.”

He swallowed hard as the emotions caused his throat to tighten, “I failed to protect her. I won’t make that mistake again. I have to protect y…” he interrupted himself, “I have to protect those I care for.”

“Let Sani know I’ll be leaving by tomorrow.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:30 am

When she heard the anger in his voice, Melody tightened her grip on his hand. She couldn't help but feel lost and angered herself.

Slowly she pulled her hand from his and reached over to untie a ribbon from her dress before moving to tie it to his wrist. The look of bewilderment on his face was enough to make her smile, and she stood from the chair.

Valshar felt slight unease as Melody leaned over and reached out for his face....

Before giving him a harsh slap.

She could hear Ira gasp on the other side of the room as well as Valshar's yelp of pain as his head jerked slightly from the force.

"You best remember this when you go out there and get attacked again." She told him in a shaky voice as he tried to find the word to say. "If you were to die then it wouldn't matter who you wanted to protect, Valshar! You can't keep anyone safe if you've been torn to pieces! What if they went after Lady Sani or Lord Alexander even after you've been taken care of? What if...." Melody trailed off.

"What if they still found me? Where would you be then other than stuck in a gravesite?"

Without waiting to here his response, Melody turned to leave. "Forgive me, Ira." She stumbled over the words. "I must return home now. My brother must be worried. Could you relay the message to Sani for me?"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Sani walked into the room and leaned her back against the door after she closed it.

“Valshar, I know you’re awake. That trick might work on humans but I’m not human.”

He opened his eyes to look at her.

“Aye, I heard what happened. Pure brilliant, that. If slapping you is what it takes to get your attention, then I may just slap you a few times myself. You clearly deserve it.”

He sighed and looked away. “She doesn’t understand.”

Sani’s eyes flashed crimson as her temper flared. She stormed over to the bed and as Valshar turned his head to look at her again, she slapped him hard.

“Just how the hell do you expect her to understand you, Valshar? I have known you for fifty years, and you still don’t make a bit of sense.” She caught his chin, forcing him to look at her. “Melody is human; she may not have fifty years to spend trying to figure you out.”

He pulled away with a growl. “She doesn’t need me.”

She sighed and shook her head as she settled into the chair beside the bed, her eyes slowly returning to their normal color.

“No, Valshar, on that I will actually agree with you. She does not need a grumpy, sulking, stubborn, pain in the ass wolf in her life. What you seem to forget is that a week ago that girl had a perfectly normal, ordinary life. But you come along and dump it upside down on her, and then have the audacity to expect her to simply walk away and forget you, and not care about you.”

“You know, it’s bad enough that you keep lying to her, trying to pretend you don’t care about her, but you really need to stop lying to yourself. I see it in your eyes every time you look at her, you care for her. Seriously, do you think Alora would want you to be doing this to yourself?”

“Leave Alora out of it.” He growled.

“No. I will not. I don’t accept that a woman who loved you as I’m sure she did, would stand by and let you do this to yourself, and to people who care about you.”

She reached over and put her hand on his arm. “Also, Valshar, has it even occurred to you that the pack may change its tactics? What if they figure out that the best way to get to you is to go after people you care about?”

Valshar just growled again and forced himself up out of the bed, his jaws clenched against the pain.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Leaving.”

She stood up and moved to stand in front of him. “You’re in no condition to leave.”

He looked at her, his eyes flecked with gold. “I’m going home.”

She sighed and shook her head, “If you go back there, you’ll be on your own. I will not be sending one of my people to keep an eye on you this time. If the pack finds you again, we won’t know. I will not be there to pick up the pieces.”

He nodded grimly and stepped around her. “Fine.”

“Alright. It’s a long walk in your condition. I’ll have Edward drive you. However, if you should come to your senses before you get yourself killed, you know where to find us.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 5:46 pm

It took every ounce of willpower that Melody had not to burst into angry tears as she entered her home. Every ounce of will power to not run up to her room and yell angrily at one of her beloved teddy bears. She wanted to tell Valshar that he was being irrational and stupid the moment she had slapped him but his uncaring attitude pushed her to a point no man had ever dared before.

She had every intent of going to the study and lock herself in it to write some terrible letters when her path was blocked by the looming figure of her brother. He looked as livid as she felt.

"You have some explaining to do. Right now." Mathias said in a furious tone. "Your little disappearing act nearly cost us our loan! I barely managed to talk Frederick to come later and finalize the process!"

"My friend was gravely injured." Came the snappish reply. Mathias frown deepened into a glare as Melody returned it just as fiercely. "He was being tended to by Lady Sani. If there's anything else you wish to know then it can wait. I'm exhausted and wish to lay down before your guests arrive."

"Oh, now you care for the guests? How could you put a friend before the family business! This is our life Melody and you nearly cost us everything!"

Their yells echoed throughout the main room, causing the few maids passing by to quickly turn back the way they came. A furious Mathias was best avoided.

"And I told you we shouldn't go through with this in the first place! If you had gone to the party yourself then I'm sure Lady Sani would have worked with us! We wouldn't need to use a loan from such a devious looking man, and I wouldn't have met...."

Melody quickly caught herself before she blurted out about Valshar. It hurt just to think of him, and if Mathias found out about him he would be furious that she had been speaking to men that he did not know.

"He is doing us a great favor and you will just have to accept this." Mathias replied angrily. When she tried to walk around him he grabbed her arm tightly. "Blood always comes first. What would Father say to you about this?" He asked her, lowering his voice.

"Father would be disappointed in me, as you are." Melody replied, doing the best she could to hold back the tears as Mathias let her go, and she ran for her room.
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Valshar closed the door of his cabin behind him and walked over to start a fire. Cursing under his breath at Sani’s thoroughness, he began pulling off the bandages. Finally he crossed the room and pulled a few leaves of the pungent herb from the amber bottle and chewed them, grimacing at the taste. Then he grabbed a bottle of Scotch from his cupboard, opened it and proceeded to down the contents.

Braced for the inevitable surge of pain, he shifted into wolf form. Several of the half healed wounds were torn open again as his body changed form, and he whimpered slightly in spite of himself. With a string of growled curses, he limped out of the cabin and into the woods. He needed to hunt, no matter how badly he was hurt, although catching anything big might be difficult.

He walked down to the river, and grinned as he spotted a lone fisherman who’d drifted off to nap while leaving his brimming basked of caught fish unattended. Valshar moved as quietly as he could and emptied the whole basket, swallowing most of the fish whole. Leaving before the human woke up, he felt some of his strength returning with the meal.

As his body began to heal itself, he began stalking a deer whose scent he picked up. It was a yearling buck, inexperienced and careless. Valshar edged close and sprang, the deer panicked but was unable to escape before the wolf swept its feet out from under it with a huge paw. Following the momentum of the deer’s fall, Valshar closed in and grabbed its throat, killing it quickly.

With his hunger finally satisfied after he devoured the deer, Valshar headed back to his cabin. Sleep would finish the job, allowing his body to heal the rest of the way now that he’d properly fed himself. He closed the door again and curled up by the fire. He watched its dancing flames for a moment before letting his eyes close and drifting to sleep. Falling deeper asleep, Valshar twitched and whimpered in his sleep as he began to dream.

“Valshar, my dear.”

“Alora?”

“Yes, I’m here, as I always will be in your heart. But my love, you need to let me go. Let yourself find peace and happiness again, please.”

“I can’t. I’m sorry, Alora, I should have been there.”

Her voice was soft and soothing, “Valshar, stop blaming yourself. You had to hunt, and we had no way to know the council would do as they did. You can’t blame yourself for their actions. Besides, love, even if you had been there, it’s impossible to know if anything would have changed except perhaps both of us would have been killed.”

Tears slid down his cheeks, his heart aching more than ever. “If I had died with you, at least it wouldn’t hurt so much.”

“Valshar, my love, my dearest. I am sorry you have suffered so much for so long. But please, please, Valshar. Let me go. There is another who needs you now, and she is in danger. But you can’t help her until you forgive yourself.”

“Forgive yourself Valshar, for me, for yourself, and for her. Go save her.”

Alora faded and Valshar snapped awake with a start. He looked around the cabin, briefly disoriented. The fire had gone out, and he was still alone.

He sighed, remembering her words. “Good bye, Alora.”

He stood and shook himself and Alora’s last words came back to him sharply.

“Melody!”

He bolted out of the cabin and pushed himself into the ground covering stride a wolf could keep up for hours when needed. Few creatures could outlast a wolf on the run and he didn’t slow his stride at all even when he reached the city. It was after dark and few people were out, not that he cared if someone had seen him.

Reaching the edge of Melody’s home property he slowed only a little, lowering his muzzle to the ground. He growled as he caught the scent of another wolf, though from the tracks they appeared to be using their human form. Still, the scent of wolf was unmistakable and his eyes burned golden with anger.

Raising his head, he gave a deep howl, loud and clear, a defiant challenge for any wolf nearby to stand and face him if they dared.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 12:09 am

Everyone at the dinner table looked up when a loud howl echoed throughout the dining hall. Melody felt her blood run cold with fear and she stopped mid-bite. She shakily lowered her fork and glanced aruond the table, noticing that Frederick had stopped his laughter and was staring at her.

A few of the maids scrambled out of the room when Mathias ordered them to send someone out to make sure that it didn't harass the horses.

"Are you alright? You seem a bit shaken, Miss Melody." Frederick said smoothly, his voice almost mocking. Melody shook her head and stared at her plate. "Melody." Mathias scolded. "Our guest is speaking to you. His family has helped us greatly. The least you can do is reply."

She could see the mirth in Frederick's eyes when she looked back over to him and swallowed hard when it gave her chills. "I'm just not feeling well." Melody admitted. "I haven't had good experiences with...wolves. Excuse me." The words came out more quickly than she wanted as she stood, and her stomach dropped to her feet when Frederick also stood.

"I will escort you back to your room." He offered in a polite tone that set her on edge. "Since we are business partners now I would like to get to know you better."

A quick glance to Mathias told her that he seemed thrilled at the offer and if she said no then it would surely infuriate him. Melody nearly stumbled over to Frederick and shakily took the arm he offered. "T-thank you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf Moon (private rp)
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ascent of the Virulent :: The Scarred Wastelands :: Plague RP-
Jump to: